Monday, July 7, 2008

Do not be afraid...

So, since I started this, several people have shown interest, maybe, possibly, perhaps, kind of sort of are thinking about, running this event with me. (I wont mention any names - yet)

It's scary - believe me, I know. I have equated this to knowing you have to give birth without drugs. Here's the thing - I am not running this to win. I'm not running this beat some personal best. I'm running this to raise awareness and fulfill this strange need that I had to go through something (painful?) challenging with my friend who does not have the option of walking when he gets tired. There are no water stops for Dino. I just had to do *something*. I don't know...

Anyway, if you want to run, but the thought of 26.2 scares the sh*% out of you, you can always run/walk the half marathon. You would have 15 weeks to train for 13.1 miles. Very doable. The fact that any of you are even thinking about this is awesome!

Being there is spirit is also very awesome! Dino has some great friends!



Just in case: Here's the link - check it out! : )

http://www.svmarathon.com/



Andi

No comments: