Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HOPE

Hello all.
I wish I had great news for you about Dino. Unfortunately he is struggling with his pain and back in the hospital. He and his family have been struggling to get a pain pump OK'd by the insurance company. Luckily, it looks like this has happened and he will have it put in on Wednesday. This means he'll have a direct line for the medicine and it will (hopefully) target his pain. It sounds like he will be able to back off some of the pills. These have been wrecking havoc on him, on his bowels and his lucidity. I know he wants off of them but he has not been able to get a handle on his pain. They think that the tumor is growing back, but it sounds like they want him a little stronger before they start the chemo.
My information is wishy washy, I know. I will pass on any information that I have to you. I still don't have bank account information. For those of you itching to help, you can send me checks made out to Dino Scoppettone. I will forward them to Dino and his family.
My address is: 2807 NW 61st Street Seattle WA 98107. I will forward them in 1 envelope when I know someone will be home to receive them. Hopefully I will get an account started soon and can just deposit them myself so they don't have to even think about money right now. Wouldn't it be great if we could just take some burden off by filling a bank account for them for when the bills start rolling in? Lets do it...Do it for Dino.
As for me. I'm still running about 4 times a week. I did 8 on Monday and I'm doing 10 on Sunday. It's finally getting to the point where I'm not dying after the first 30 minutes. 8 felt pretty good, actually. I always play my music and I realize that 95% of my music reminds me of Dino. Music is a huge part of his life and it's something that we've shared for many years. I've been to many concerts with Dino: U2 (twice), REM(twice, I think), Bare Naked Ladies, Dave Matthews (a couple of times), Sting, Toad the Wet Sprocket...anyway, you get the point. Music helps me through the tough parts. I've learned that I can't get through the song "Fix You" by Coldplay without crying. For the most part though, the music makes me smile and sends many memories rushing through my head.
So I ask, no, I beg, whether you know Dino or not, please take a few minutes to visualize him. Send your good thoughts, your strength, your prayers, whatever inspires you - PLEASE send it his way. It would mean a lot to me and to Dino and his family. Keep the faith - don't lose hope.
Love to all. Do it for Dino!
Andi

1 comment:

Sierra Versaggi said...

Andi,

I think its wonderful what you are doing for Dino. I read his blog everyday to get updates. My thoughts and prayers are always with him and his family. I just know he's going to get through this.

-Sierra
sversaggi@gmail.com
cell:208-861-1772