Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pluggin away

Not much has changed here. I'm up to about 7 miles. There are 2 people who are running the marathon with me, which is awesome. I'm still not naming people though. I want to give people the chance to opt out without guilt. Finding the time and energy to train isn't easy. I know this.

I haven't talked to Dino much lately. Most of our contact has been emails or text messages. I haven't pushed the fundraising just because he and I haven't really had a chance to sit down and talk bank accounts and what not. It's been hard to not hear from him as often, but my thoughts and prayers haven't slowed a bit. Please keep him in your prayers as his race has barely begun. I think it's easy to put it out of our minds because Kuato (the tumor) is out of him and we haven't heard from him as often, but I beg you, please keep praying and sending your good vibes his way. He needs this. I know it's kept him strong so far.

Anyway, what I have learned is that any individual can give a "gift" of up to $12,000 without Dino having to claim it. What I think will have to happen is, regardless of the amount, people who donate will have to do this as a true GIFT. Meaning, they will not be able to write it off as a donation - since I'm not an organization/charity. Please let me know if you know otherwise.

SO - I will continue my training, and in the near future I will open an account and hopefully start collecting funds.

Also - a colleague of mine who is a massage therapist is hoping to set up a couple fundraising events where he will give seated massage for donations. He wants to help me pay for my plane ticket down to the marathon, as well as, raise money for Dino (who he doesn't know). He is an amazing, giving, individual. I will write more and we plan these events.

The input has been touching and inspiring. Dino is lucky to have all of you in his life.



Lots of Love & Do it for Dino

Andi

1 comment:

Dino said...

7 miles! I think I ran that much in a year's worth of football practice. You rule, girly slice. Keep up the amazing work!

Love,
Dino