Sunday, August 3, 2008

Running buddies

Hello everyone. Once again, I wish I had good news to give you about Dino, unfortunately things are moving slowly. He had is pain pump put in on Wednesday. It was set intentionally low and the docs were planning on ramping it up slowly as needed. So initially, he did not have much relief. I have not heard anything else since that time. Hopefully, Dino is off all off the pills, getting some sleep, eating, and (excuse me for saying so), pooping like a champ. His bowel obstruction/constipation has been a BIG issue since his surgery. I can't imagine the misery....
I have an official running partner. My great friend Jeff Ramos is going to do the race with me. Today we ran about 10 miles, 102 minutes. It felt good to have a running partner. Jeff and I went to high school, then to college and now we live in Seattle, together. Needless to say, we have been through a lot. Jeff is also great friends with Dino. He was in a fraternity with Matt, Carlos, and Andrew, 3 of Dino's best friends. Our group of friends have embarked on many an adventure. Anyway, Jeff has committed to run with me. He is incredible. He's one of those people who will not run AT ALL during the week, then just go out and pound out 9-10 miles. Last night he went out, had several drinks and gracefully showed up at my house around 8:45 to run 10 miles. Amazing. It was so nice to have a partner. We talked about Dino A LOT and visualized him meeting us at the finish line in October. It may sound cheesy, but it helps.
Please say your prayers and send your good vibes. I am praying that getting off of all the pills with help him function more normally, get some sleep, regain his appetite and strength, and eventually start chemo. He needs to beat this bastard disease!
God Bless. Do it for Dino!
Andi

2 comments:

Dino said...

Andi,

You're absolutely the best. We love you.

Dino's dad, mom and family

Deb Z said...

Andi,

I'm glad to hear you have a running partner. I'm sure it helps to motivate each other.

I'm sending positive thoughts Dino's way. Hoping being off the pills helps him get some relief and helps him get stronger.

Love you

Deb