Friday, August 8, 2008

The next stage...

Hi everyone.
I am finally writing with some good news. For those of you not following Dino's blog (which is dinosjourney.blogspot.com) I finally have some promising news. Dino has started chemo - which is GREAT news. From his blog, it sounds like the first day went well. He is not expecting that he will feel this good throughout the entire treatment; however. Who knows though? He had a tough go of it for a while. They were going to start his chemo through a port a cath, but they didn't insert it due to high BP and high white cell count. Instead, they administered the "cocktail" through a regular IV line. Anyway, it's in him blowing this cancer away, which is the most important thing right now.
As for me - I have an 11-12 mile run coming up this weekend. I haven't run since the 10 miler due to a slight case of mastitis. I'm weaning my youngest from breastfeeding, and I guess it's a pretty common problem when weaning. So yeah, I had a boobie infection. Now you all know me a little better. Anyway, I'm rocking the antibiotics and feeling back to normal. I bet you are all happy I told you that.
Lets talk fundraising. I am waiting on a couple more pieces of info from Dino to open an account through BofA . Check back tomorrow and I should have it done. If you're a BofA customer, you can transfer money online (I will post the account #) and if not, you can go to any location and make a deposit. You can also send me a check and I'll deposit it for you.
My address is 2807 NW 61st Street, Seattle WA 98107. Dino's last name is spelled Scoppettone. I feel really positive about this. Good things are happening. It's about time, huh?
Thanks for reading! Do it for Dino!
Andi

1 comment:

d said...

Sorry to hear about your boobies! Hope you are feeling better and having a great time with your dad. Good luck on the runs and lots of love from Tamarack Drive.