Friday, September 26, 2008

Special little moments

The last couple of days have been difficult for me. I think it's due to working on, and finally sending out my fundraising letter. Since I've sent it, I've gotten several responses which have brought up a ton of memories. I have just had Dino on the mind and have felt really sad the last couple of days.

So today I went for a run. It was a short run from my house up to this look out about 25 blocks away. As I approached, the Bruce Hornsby song, Rainbows Cadillac, came on my iPod. It's a very Dino-esque song with a lot of piano riffs. It's a really upbeat, fun song. If you don't know it - pull it up online and it will immediately make you think of Dino. Anyway, here I was, looking at the sun glistening off of Puget Sound, clear view of the craggy peaks of the Olympic Mt rage with cotton-like clouds hovering over them, sail boats drifting by and Bruce on my iPod. Dino was there for me after this hard week. He was there and I smiled the the whole way home.
This time Dino *Did it for me*

1 comment:

Monica Martin said...

That is beautiful, Andi. I hear you on the hard days...

Good luck on your long run this weekend.

Hugs to you, sweetie.